Athena Beauty Spa & Training Centre
This course covers the knowledge and understanding required to remove unwanted hair using waxing techniques, including how to assess, prepare and treat the client. You will be taught using warm wax. This wax is a superior product which permits fast, effective and almost painless removal of all superfluous hair. This is brought about by its unique adhesion properties which enable it to adhere strongly to the hair and not the skin. The course covers all areas of the face and body waxing and you will also learn about other alternative methods of hair removal.
• Health & safety / Hygiene and sterilisation
• Professional ethics
• Skin diseases and disorders / Contra-indications
• Related anatomy and physiology
• Preparation of client including consultation and record Keeping
• Materials, equipment and products
• Principles of hair growth
• Practical Tuition of patch testing, application and removal of warm wax
• Alternative methods of hair removal and lightening techniques
• Client after-care
Entry Requirement -
To be educated to GCSE Level.
Course duration -
Examination System -
Continual assessments takes place during the day. On completion of the course a final practical and written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
Course Fees -
£150 including training workbook. (check for Special Offers - click here)
Qualification attained -
Athena Beauty Spa Diploma.
Professional insurance -
After successful completion of the course you will be awarded an Athena Beauty Spa Diploma. You will have the opportunity to join the industries associations that provide newsletters, insurance and other benefits to members. All courses at Athena Beauty Spa are accredited and recognised by Professional Beauty Direct.