Deep Tissue Massage Diploma
(Accredited Athena Beauty Spa Training Course)
Deep tissue massage is a technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the muscular fibres, tendons and fascia.
Course content –
• Health & safety
• Professional ethics
• Hygiene and sterilisation
• Skin diseases and disorders
• History of ‘Deep Tissue Massage’
• Benefits & effects of ‘Deep Tissue Massage’
• Preparation of client including consultation & record keeping
• Materials, equipment & products
• Practical tuition of ‘Deep Tissue Massage’
• Client contra-actions / after-care
Entry Requirement –
Body massage qualification.
Course duration –
Examination System –
Continual assessments takes place during the day. On completion of the course a final practical and written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
Course Fees –
£150 including training workbook.
Qualification attained –
Athena Beauty Spa Diploma.
Professional insurance –
After successful completion of the course you will be awarded an Athena Beauty Spa Diploma. You will have the opportunity to join the industries associations that provide newsletters, insurance and other benefits to members. All Athena Beauty Spa Training courses are FULLY ACCREDITED, validated and recognised by Towergate Health & Beauty Insurance.